Welcome to another edition of “Classroom Convos”. Below you find a few of the conversations that took place over the last few days. Enjoy! A: get off the LaLa Land K: what does LaLa Land mean?! A: it means she guys … Continue reading
Conversations that take place in my Kindergarten classroom in Shenzhen, China. Continue reading
Welcome to another edition of “Classroom Convos”. Below you find a few of the conversations that took place today. Enjoy! ______ So one of the 4 YO teachers came to me and told me this. Student: Teacher! There is your … Continue reading
– there is a strong MUST for a Tattle Tale in your classroom.
– you know way more about your student’s families than you will ever want to know.
– your class has had/passed every form of contagious infection/fungus/infestation known to children (common cold, lice, ringworm…. check)
– you have at least three little boys that can NEVER sit still (at seats or on the carpet)
– you take the entire class to the restroom and once back in the room (in no less than 5 minutes) at least two children must go to the restroom, and it is an emergency.
– your students bust out in random song during read alouds (mostly KISS).
– there is one little girl in the class that believes she knows more about teaching than you and insists that when she is a teacher, students will only get only one chance and then be sent to the principal’s office.
– you can not enter a store without looking at something and saying, “Could I use this in my classroom?”
– many good names you have considered for your future children are now scarred.
– you realize that at the end of a long day, although you are exhausted beyond belief, you could not have chosen a more rewarding profession and you would not change it for the world.
My students are little pranksters…
Some time during the day I call my ones,
Me: ummm…. baaaaaaaaaaaaaaby?!
Student: you want me to go get you a Dr. Pepper Miss Hunter
Me: yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees..please lol
Student: and i know, i know! NO diet and bring back yo change!
I usually send two responsible students on this “mission”. But I have a few student who like to try and “trick” me. Telling me that they got me a diet or they couldn’t reach my change.
Now the change thing I can understand. I teach 1st grade and most of them have tiny hands and fingers, BUT I have a few giants in my classroom lol.
Me: y’all betta stop playing with meeeeeeeeee! lol lol
Just a little bit of humour for the rest of your day…