**NOTICE** I want to preface this post by saying that I LOVE love my career!
There are days when I come home so tired. Where all I want to do is to climb into the bed and sleep. By the time I go to sleep my alarm is already going off and I wake up thinking “didn’t I JUST fall asleep? Is it 5:30 am ALREADY!?”
I get to work praying that all goes well, but this day….THIS day I realize why a large amount of educators go to Happy Hour after work.
Here are some things that run through my mind and the minds of fellow educators…
– Did I JUST get cussed out?! AGAIN?!
– Jesus, please have this child to be quiet
– If only I had enough sick days…
– Is it Friday yet?!
– It MUST be a full moon outside
– Your pencil should be talking, not your mouth.
But after all of this, I get this….
– Miss Hunter I love you
– Miss Hunter you look just like me! We’re both black.
– Hey Miss Hunter?! Are you ok… ((hug))
– *looks in my eyes* you’re so beautiful
– I like your hair
– I like your shoes
– Miss Hunter thank you for helping me read
So ever when I want to walk out the back door and get into Sterling (my silver Envoy)…I don’t, I won’t, and I can’t!! WHY?! This is my career…this is NOT a job AND I LOVE my students.
I remember that I can make my students do what others will NEVER be able to….
Thank you Taylor Mali for the WONDERFUL reminder….