Well today it started! Common Core Standarized testing for 1st and 2nd grade.
My 1st graders along with others in Tennessee and nation wide are taking SAT 10 aka Stanford Achievement Test Series, Tenth Edition.
Of course with all of this we have rules to follow so we don’t get in trouble. Here a few of them:
- Students may NOT use any manipulatives (clocks, counters, calculators).
- Student may NOT do scratch work in booklets. Scratch paper can be provided. Used scratch paper should be collected and shredded/destroyed.
- Please do not fold test booklets as the booklet edges are glued and they will come apart.
So this morning when my students entered Room 205, this is what they saw:
Here are the comments that I got:
- Miss Hunter they don’t want us to cheat?
- Man, we can’t see ANYTHING!!
- oooooweee the room looks a HOT MESS Miss Hunter!!
- I’m glad I know my number and letters!
Oh boy…. we are in for a treat in Room 205! 🙂